||A salary of £175 per week, paid into a UK bank account on a monthly basis
||2 Full Days A Week
||Full Three Valleys
||Start of November to end April (exact dates TBC)
||Shared, with the possibility of sharing a room with up to 1 other person. Inclusive of all utility bills
- Return travel between the UK and St Martin de Belleville
- Ski or snowboard hire
We are a luxury chalet company, based in the resort of St Martin de Belleville in the 3 Valleys ski area. We operate boutique ski chalets each with chef, host and chalet management teams. We have a staff of around 30, including management. We are an owner operated business, now in our eighth year and we have developed a reputation for a luxurious yet friendly catered chalet service that is tailored to our guests’ needs. We have a passion for delivering the highest levels of service to our clients and our success depends on us finding the right team who share our passion. We are seeking professional, motivated people with the desire to deliver the best possible standards.
This is quite a varied role so you will need to be flexible throughout the season as the role can change from week to week. This role will require a strong work ethic and an ability to self-motivate and manage responsibilities without constant guidance. You will be a regular point of contact for our guests on a daily basis so you must have a passion for providing excellent service and always putting the guests’ needs first. Being such a client facing role, you must have great social and conversational skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will be fully supported by our management team, who will meet with you regularly and make regular checks on chalets, vehicles etc. You therefore have the full support of management at all times if there are problems that need sorting out; however, our employees will be expected to work on their own initiative and be capable of using their organisational skills to ensure the guests’ needs are always met – our employees are our biggest asset and the face of our company and make a real difference to our success.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ideally front of house service background in 5* establishments with fine dining and housekeeping experience
- Recognised nanny qualification and/or significant experience looking after infants and children in a nanny role
- First aid certification
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude
- A keen eye for detail
- Able to work on own initiative as well as being a team player
- Good interpersonal skills and able to converse at all levels with colleagues, guests, children and infants
- A loving, nurturing and patient personality
- A degree of flexibility wherever possible to meet parent’s needs and wishes
- Outgoing and fun
- All applicants must be in possession of a UK bank account and a UK National Insurance number
DEPENDING ON THE WEEK OF THE SEASON, WILL DEPEND WHAT ROLE YOU WILL BE CARRYING OUT. IF CHILDCARE IS REQUIRED IN RESORT THEN YOU WILL BE NANNYING OR IF HOST COVER IS REQUIRED THEN YOU WILL BE CARRYING OUT ONE OF THIS ROLE. SEE BELOW MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EACH ROLE BUT YOU WILL ONLY BE EXPECTED TO CARRY OUT ONE ROLE AT A TIME.
- Daily housekeeping, weekly changeover cleans, mid-week towel changes, deep cleans at the beginning, mid and end of season, daily laundry duties and other necessary cleaning to ensure the chalet is presented to the highest standards both inside and out at all times
- Setting up for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner and hosting/clearing up at both breakfast and dinner service
- Serving clients drinks and canapes pre dinner
- Responsible for preparing the chalet laundry for collection and checking laundry on return
- On changeover days, working within your team to do whatever is needed to ensure the chalet is cleaned and presented to the highest standard and ready and welcoming for guest arrival
- Daily set up and clean of fires
- Reporting to management immediately any matters relating to damage, health and safety, food hygiene, etc.
- Managing general chalet supplies (cleaning goods; lightbulbs; bathrooms supplies etc.)
- Looking after client’s children and infants in chalets and the village of St Martin de Belleville
- Ensure that our guests and their children benefit from the highest level of childcare
- Be confident in dealing with White Mountain Chalet guests
- Provide a safe, hygienic and stimulating environment for children
- Provide healthy and nutritious food for any children or infants in your care
- Ensure that the chalet is clean and tidy and that the toys and equipment are put away at the end of each day
- Take children to and from ski school and to and from local parks, swimming pools and other activities
- Communicate with the parents at the end of the day regarding their child’s wellbeing
- Provide appropriate care in the event of any accident occurring
If you'd like to apply for one of our Nanny postitions please contact our team manager Nicki at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.